Sunday, November 18, 2012

Moving On

The two pieces I have been posting progress photos of for the longest time have finally come to completion. Both utilize "under-paintings" in traditional mediums and have been colored digitally. one of them has a little bit of digital paint work (Psalm 17), but even most of that is semi-transparent.


"Psalm 73: Clothed in Violence"
Oil Paints and Adobe Photoshop CS6


"Psalm 17: In the Shadow of Your Wing"
Gouache and Adobe Photoshop CS6

Onto the next project! I am working on a smaller scale for the next painting. I learned that larger paintings complicate things when it comes to taking a detailed photograph to use when finishing the painting in Photoshop. Working smaller should also be much more manageable under the time frame that I have. Looks like I will be ordering more illustration board!

No comments:

Post a Comment