Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Boat Load of Sketches

What have I been doing all this month? Well, I have been a busy SCAD bee. The following are all sketches for my Illustration for Publication class. Each one goes with a different project except for the second- and third-to-last, which are for the same project. So far, none have been chosen by clients, which would result in a final rendering, but I don't mind too much. It has been great to focus on learning how to sketch faster and use a minimal amount of photo reference. There's nothing wrong with photo reference--I think it's essential in the final stages. However, you can definitely sketch faster if you spend less time searching for the perfect photo.



That Astrodon neck is looking a little shaky. Will have to channel my inner Gurney if I take this one to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment