Sunday, May 25, 2014

Dragon Con Poster

My portfolio is lacking in dragons.


The solution? Make a mock-poster for the Dragon Con Independent Film Festival. I approached the project like I was receiving art direction from an art director for the event. Aside from the fact that I was receiving art direction from my teacher and peers (for which I am grateful), I took into account that all of the posters in the past had dragons and usually something related to film.


 These are the comps I made for class. The third one was a new idea that came to me after I finished the first two comps. I like the concept, but I think the execution is much less successful than the other two. 

 

Here is the poster as it stood before critiques.


Here is the final poster with some revisions I made after critiques. More information about the festival can be found at the official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment