Sunday, January 4, 2015

Silhouette Thumbnails: Symphonie Fantastique


I just read a bit of Framed Ink: Drawing and Composition for Visual Storytellers and decided that I should try out tonal thumbnails instead of doing my typical linear thumbnails. What's so great about these is that they are more readable at a smaller size than line drawings. They also seem faster as well--I'm less self-conscious with creating clean silhouette blobs than keeping lines in check, which for me can accumulate into a cobweb of nonsense. This set of thumbnails is for the first piece in my M.A. Final project series, which will include poster artwork to advertise several different performing venues and genres. In this case, we have a "classical" concert featuring programmatic works. Symphonie Fantastique by Hector Berlioz is the highlight of the concert and will be the focus of the poster illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment