Saturday, October 17, 2015

Original Artwork at Illuxcon 2015

Next week from Oct 21st-25th I will enter the visual frenzy that is Illuxcon for the first time. It's a relatively new convention focusing on fantastic illustration and one that I have been dreaming about for a couple years. I have no excuse not to go, so I'm going! Aside from being able to meet all of my favorite illustrators in one place, going to Illuxcon is an important step to developing my freelance business and will no doubt fuel the fire of creativity.


A significant part of the convention is the buying and selling of original artwork. It's a unique intersection of commercial art and fine art where many illustrators can sell the originals of work they produced commercially along with their own personal artwork. I won't be having a booth, but I have prepared some tiny 2 x 3 artworks that I will carry along:

These drawings are done in graphite and gouache on matt board. Each is individually signed, framed, and for sale! Illuxcon attendees have first dibs on them, but if you are interested in buying one, you can get on the wait list by emailing me at candicebroersma@gmail.com.

I will make sure to have a follow-up post about my experience at Illuxcon as long as I don't slip into an art-induced coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment