Friday, July 13, 2012

Art Show

For those in the area, make sure to stop by the Edward-Dean Museum & Gardens in Cherry Valley, CA this Sunday. The gardens and museum will house a first annual art show from 10am to 4pm, featuring the works of over twenty local artists. I will have a booth as well! I will be selling miniature watercolor and ink paintings, a handful of large paintings, and prints of the artworks bellow:

 And here is an update of my gouache painting:
It is just about complete. Since the last post, I have touched up on the face, removing the Frankenstein-green forehead. Also, the background has several more layers. I used white watercolor (who knows where my white gouache ran off to) to blend the edges around the entire painting as opposed to thinning the paint with water to blend with the white of the paper. The last thing for me to do is to try to remove some of the warping in the paper by wetting the entire backside and then putting a weight on top to flatten the paper.
More metaphors. This one is "a colorful remark".
"A heart of stone."
"There are plenty of other fish in the sea."

No comments:

Post a Comment