Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Many Moods of My Hair

Here is my finished portrait in gouache. All of the wrinkles came out after flattening except for one, which was too severe to start with and was more or less pressed into place. There are a couple more things I could fix (the way the right side of his forehead looks toasted, the left ear looks too small...),  but I am pretty happy with this as an experimental picture and am ready to move on to a new project.

There are a LOT of sketches this week! To start off with:
"Frozen with fear."

"Feeling blue."
"Green with envy."

"Red in the face." 
This is one is rather unattractive. I must have spent too much time in the tanning booth.

"Tickled pink."
"Bird brain."
"Wise owl."
This one is a bit challenging to make out, but I love the composition. She is an anthropomorphic owl-woman wearing 19th-century inspired clothing while reading a book in a tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment