Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Little Tour of Haymans


I have my two classes in Haymans Hall, a brand new Illustration building at SCAD, Savannah that opened up at the start of this quarter. From what I hear, it is a major improvement on classroom space and work area for students.

I don't have a picture of the outside yet, but I have several of the inside and you can see why. It's a mixture of Pee-Wee's Playhouse meets contemporary art installation.


One of two walls of denim clothing.


Luscious lip paintings.


A mural of the first chair of the department whom the building is named after.

Last Friday, there was a Haymans open house where the public were welcome to see the building and attend live demonstrations by Illustration faculty.



Epic doodle wall.


Live model in Victorian attire.


Lots of children's books created by SCAD students on display.


A little panda family. One of several 3-d pieces made by students for children's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment